FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping Background?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Wood
Looping Background?
on Jan 15, 2006 at 1:52:37 am

I'm using emitter 15 in the emitters_03_09.il3 library to make a slowly moving background that looks like colored red and blue smoke. Is there a way to set the beginning and end frames to be the same so I can put the resulting file on an NLE editor timeline end to end and get the effect of a continuous loop?

Thanks,

TW

Return to posts index

Tom Wood
Re: Looping Background? - Also
on Jan 15, 2006 at 2:59:59 am

Every time I save this emitter as a single project, it crashes the program when I try to reopen the project.

But, what would really help is some guidance as to how I can slow the motion down so it's more subtle. I've tried lowering all the 'velocity' settings but they have little effect.

Thanks,

TW

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 15, 2006 at 2:04:05 pm

Crash: Are you using the latest version? 3.0.1 OS X, 3.0.1a Windows. Updates on the downloads page.

Are you on OS X or Windows? Can you zip and send the project file to support at wondertouch dot com?

To slow things down in that emitter (and in many emitters) velocity is not always the answer. After reducing velocity, try increasing "Life". Note that an increase in life should usually be followed by a decrease in "Number" -- since particles are living longer, fewer of them are needed.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Tom Wood
on Jan 15, 2006 at 6:28:42 pm

Sorry that response got out of order in the thread.

One other thing, I'm setting up to provide content which is all CG animation to Google Video. They prefer 750kbs for the video and 128kbs for the audio. When encoding my material, I want the encoder to put as much detail into the moving animation as possible.

Am I correct in assuming that an animated background like this emitter makes will consume encoding resources and slightly degrade the rest of the picture? If so, I'm thinking that I'll just use a single still for the background, or a series of dissolves from one still to the next. That would 'animate' the background but not consume bandwidth, maybe?

Thanks,

TW

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Looping Background?
on Jan 15, 2006 at 2:00:37 pm

There is no "looping" functiom, but you can create a seamless loop folling this tutorial, which involves crossfading a clip into a copy of itself:

http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials/PI%20Loop%20Tutorial%20V3/PI%20V3%20Lo...

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]