FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wondering how to....

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian
Wondering how to....
on Jan 9, 2006 at 10:23:12 pm

Make a wispy (Cigrette smoke) smoke that will rise from the bottom of the screen and then as it moves up to the middle of the screen it forms into text. Sounds like a tall order...I do not see anything using search that explains how to go about it in PI. I have no problem spending the money on this program...but I need to know if it can be done.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Wondering how to....
on Jan 9, 2006 at 10:42:32 pm

I thought this was answered already?

There is no way to have the smoke particles "attact" and form the text. Elvis said that you'd have to use 2 emitters -- one for the rising smoke, one for the text, but it sounds like that's not the answer you're looking for.

You may be able to do it by creating the effect in reverse though, but it would be tricky -- not something you could do as a newbie with particleIllusion. It seems like you could use an area emitter mask image to define the text -- the particles would be created here. Then make the particles fall over time, starting from one end... but that probably won't work, because I don't know how you'd get the falling smoke into a "stream". Maybe with forces? Anyway, then you'd reverse the frames after rendering to make it appear the smoke is rising and forming the text.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

brian
on Jan 10, 2006 at 2:47:32 am

Many thanks Alan. Yeah, I think it is time to look elseware. Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Steve Thompson
on Jan 10, 2006 at 7:59:24 pm

Alan and Brian,

I'm sorry if this goes into another one of my long tangents but I think Alan, you are on the right track and the method may require a fade trasition of some sort. I'm going to try and do this effect tonight to see if I can.

Anyway, the point I was going to make was that instead of one emitter or two emitters creating something, sometimes you have to give the illusion that you're seeing one effect and here's what got me thinking about it.

When you go to a movie that's produced by Paramount pictures, they now have the stars coming from the sky that look like meteors that turn into stars. Well, I'm sure it's supposed to seem like stars falling from the sky but it's not, just two different effects combined to look like one.

Anyway Brian, I'll see if I can come up with the effect you're looking for and write back.

Take Care,
Steve

Return to posts index

Brian
on Jan 11, 2006 at 11:50:23 pm

Many thanks Steve...Look forward to your results.

Return to posts index

nitron
on Jan 13, 2006 at 1:29:21 am

I've done this similar effects before in PI3 with the help from my long time PI3 guru user, Mr. Rath. The logo I dit was a group of text where smoke rised up form to text then poof out each text into thin air. All was done in PI3.

PI3 can do this very well. I must say, this is an advance effects creation not for newbie or even intermediate PI3 user. It involve text separation, visible separation, size of x and y separation of animation, a combination of three effects fade over each other - one is smoke rising up hiting the blocker, two is your text (blur and sharp) align to where the smoke hit the blocker (blocker can have as many you want, for realistic one blocker for each text, set the blocker strenght till it sip thru it, three is use another smoke emitter but make it into area cover your text area. Tweak your effects to your likeness. Last fade in fade out the effects and the text.

I know it seems like a long explanation but really, it not that difficult.

If you are an advance user, you know what am talking about or at least get an idea how it goes about.

Nitron

Return to posts index

dotan
on Jan 13, 2006 at 3:14:37 pm

sound like a cool effect
can u do a little tutorial on how to do it
so we can follow more easely

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]