FORUMS: list search recent posts

black eyes

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PERSON115
black eyes
on Jan 5, 2006 at 9:30:23 pm

this might be a stupid question, but is there any way to make a persons eyes jet black like on buffy using particle illusion?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: black eyes
on Jan 6, 2006 at 3:17:57 pm

I don't know the effect you're talking about, but you can try putting a small "single" particle black dot emitter over the eyes. It seems like other apps that contain paint tools would be a better choice though.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 6, 2006 at 9:29:46 pm

It's a reallllly difficult effect to do. I've tried it in pI, I've tried it in After Effects using the tracker. The problem is that the eye moves and changes shape so much (both from the head moving and eyelids blinking), so there isn't a really simple way in pI to cover the right part of the eyes (other than maybe using a single black particle, and animating its Size on the x and y )

On video especially, the eye is usually only a couple of pixels big which adds more problems, unless your actor is right up close to the camera. A paint program is probably a better bet, or a pair of black contacts.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Steve Thompson
on Jan 6, 2006 at 11:26:35 pm

Elvis is right!

This is not easy to do. I did a Christmas video where I had my wife holding our baby boy looking out the window at falling snow.

Well first, it wassn't snowing at all so I animated the snow through the window panes, masking out the other areas. Real Easy.

Then I had a close up of the baby laughing and a great shot of our son's eyes. I wanted the image of the falling snow mirrored in his eyes. I pulled it off and the result was worth the time but it was a frame by frame job.

Working with eyes is very difficult and time consuming but can be quite rewarding if you're willing to put in the time.

Good Luck
Steve

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 7, 2006 at 1:37:04 am

I think now that HD is becoming an option, maybe this will be easier. Yeah, it's more pixels to deal with, but there's also more information to use as tracking data. Though maybe eyelashes will be visible enough now even on further away shots to cause complications.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

tony
by
on Jan 10, 2006 at 5:33:06 pm

there is a way and pl works very well with this fx
to make the black eyes work..... but i did a test with red glowing eyes
if i can post the info here the only way i can post it here is if i had the ok to do so
note useing this and fx and particlelllusion for the smoke with the glowing eye fxs looks out standing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]