FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am at a loss on smoke effect...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian
I am at a loss on smoke effect...
on Jan 4, 2006 at 6:40:03 pm

I am not seeing anything regarding having wispy smoke go upwards and forming text. I take it that it is hard if not impossible to do...or no software can handle it. If anyone knows of a tutorial on it please let me know. Thanks!!!

p.s. I have searched by the way and found 0. Love this software though!

Return to posts index

calamitychaos
Re: I am at a loss on smoke effect...
on Jan 4, 2006 at 8:37:46 pm

I'm too inexperienced with PI to suggest a method for your project using this terrific software, but if you have After Effects there's a tutorial called Turning Titles Into Smoke (search for author Tobias Lind).
I haven't tried it, although it looks straightforward enough. You'll have to make some adjustments to get smoke turning into titles obviously...

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: I am at a loss on smoke effect...
on Jan 4, 2006 at 8:44:18 pm

It's something that you'd really have to fake in pI, with one emitter sending smoke up towards the text, and then an area emitter to create the text (using the alpha channel from a background image).

The particle systems in most 3D programs are good at this sort of thing, I've just been doing a similar effect in XSI. The drawback is that those systems are much more complicated to use, and the rendering times are usually quite a bit longer than pI.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]