FORUMS: list search recent posts

possible to make an effect SLOW MOTION in particle illusion ?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marki3000
possible to make an effect SLOW MOTION in particle illusion ?
on Dec 30, 2005 at 8:18:33 am

"possible to make an effect SLOW MOTION in particle illusion ?"

Hello,
i want to make an explosion in slowmotion.
what settings do i need to change to make the effect last veeeeeeeery long, like 30 seconds?
i tried something with FP/S but it didn't change anything i think.
just the movement the effect should be veeery slow and without any rotation of the particle.

i hope you guys can help me,
best regards,
mark

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: possible to make an effect SLOW MOTION in particle illusion ?
on Dec 30, 2005 at 4:11:57 pm

Where did I see that, was it Aharon's training DVD?

http://www.pillusionfusion.com

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

marki3000
on Dec 30, 2005 at 5:03:47 pm

awwk, i unfortunately don't have that much time left to order that dvd and then check it out. and i don't know how far i can slow down the explosion in particleillusion. i would appreciate a simple: click this, this and that, then enter XYZ there, that's it ;)
and because of xmas i don't even have 40

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Dec 30, 2005 at 8:03:41 pm

In theory, you should be able to slow down a whole emitter by decreasing the Velocity and Weight graphs, and then increase the Life graph. But you'll find a lot of times just because of the way the emitters were made, that won't work. It works on my explosion emitters from last year, but I don't think it works on the ones in the default library, though just decreasing the Life might work on those, since most of it is based on Size Over Life.

I can't remember Aharon's trick, but I think it did have something to do with changing the FPS to something high, and then reimporting it as 30 fps. You'd probably have to bump up the motion blur quite a bit as well.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Reber Clark
on Mar 22, 2009 at 5:43:09 pm

This what I did in Vegas and it worked great. I was trying to slow down the "spread effect" in the WAVES2 emitter in the "water" collection:

1. Determine the length of the clip to be used in Vegas.
2. Execute and render your effect in PI at that length but set frame rate to 120fps (or higher) in "Preferences" in PI.
3. Put the render from PI on the Vegas timeline (it will be shorter) and CTRL-stretch (time stretch, not repeat) the render to the original frame length.
4. A smooth reduction in the effect speed is produced, approx 4x slower than the original.

In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]