FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with importing my footage to particle illusion

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
whiteviper1
problem with importing my footage to particle illusion
on Dec 27, 2005 at 3:27:54 am

I RECENTLY JUST PURCHASED PARTICLE ILLUSION 3.0 FOR WINDOWS. IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE IMPORTING OF MY AVI FILES. I SET ALL MY FRAME RATES THE SAME IN PROJECT SETTINGS AND BASICALLY EVERYTHING ELSE SO THEY CAN MATCH ONE ANOTHER (IMPORTED FILM AND PROJECT).

BUT THERE IS THIS ERROR THAT KEEPS COMING UP SAYING

"AVI REQUEST FORMAT ERROR."
AND I CANT IMPORT WHAT I WANT TO IMPORT

HOW CAN I IMPORT MY FOOTAGE....

ANDREW

Return to posts index

Medion
Re: problem with importing my footage to particle illusion
on Dec 27, 2005 at 2:58:57 pm

It`s very easy,you need the Elisoft Codec
It

Return to posts index

whiteviper1
on Dec 27, 2005 at 6:14:33 pm

the elisoft codec, its all in spanish, im not comfortable with downloading stuff i cant read..
there has be another answer. With the pillusion software, all im doing is trying to import some background footage that was recorded from adobe premeire. i want to transfer it to particle illusions, put an effect in, then export it back premeire. it shouldnt be so complicated...

Andrew

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:08:27 pm

particleIllusion currently has problems with DV formats. This problem is expected to be fixed in the next update of particleIllusion (3.x). As a work around, you can encode your AVI with a non-dv codec, or to a sequence of images (PNGs, TGAs, TIFs, etc.).

You can also download the Panasonic DV codec, which should allow you to bring DV AVIs into pI, but beware! I've found that it makes some video editing programs have trouble importing AVIs encoded with certain other codecs (divx, xvid).

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]