FORUMS: list search recent posts

Widescreen Pixel Aspect Ratio Step-by-Step

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lyon Films
Widescreen Pixel Aspect Ratio Step-by-Step
on Dec 26, 2005 at 6:19:30 am

I have read a number of the posts dealing with pixel aspect ratio when dealing with footage shot as 16:9 widescreeen. I may be a bit dense, but am having a bit of trouble understanding the steps. Does anyone have a step-by-step tutorial so that I may sucessfully do the following:
1. Export 16:9 (1.2 pixel) from After Effects into PI to use as a BG.
2. Line up and key frame my PI effects to match the video BG I imported from AE.
3. Remove BG.
4. Save Output the footage from PI so that I can import into AE.
5. Specifically, what do I need to do in AE so that all the work I did in PI to match the effects with my BG footage and key fram the effects to very specific points, still matches up exactly when imported into AE.
I am working in NTSC. A simple step-by-step would be much appreciated. Although I am very comfortable with AE, and reasonbly comfortable with PI, please don't leave out any steps as each one is likely crucial. Thanks!

Lyon Films LLC

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Widescreen Pixel Aspect Ratio Step-by-Step
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:21:35 pm

There are some good responses on the subject of pixel aspect ratio from Aharon here

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Lyon Films
on Dec 27, 2005 at 9:36:52 pm

Thanks for the link. I will re-read the "Dr. Stragepixel" article again. Do you know what the final word is on what I should export my After Effects widescreen 16:9 footage so that it properly lines up in PI? Also, what should my composition in PI be set to so that when I bring the rendered PI effects into AE, they all line up? I'm still a little fuzzy on the final answer.

Lyon Films LLC

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 28, 2005 at 1:30:26 pm

I think if you search this forum archives for "pixel aspect ratio" you'll find more info. Also, I recommend buying Aharon's training DVD, as it covers this topic in depth. http://www.pillusionfusion.com

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Lyon Films
on Dec 28, 2005 at 3:20:47 pm

The training DVD is in the mail, so I hope it helps. Thanks!

Lyon Films LLC

Return to posts index

timoteo
on Dec 29, 2005 at 7:27:45 am

Yes, the training DVD rocks and it will definitely help you in this area. However, Alan, in addition to alpha channel AVI (or Quicktime output in Windows) do expect to be adding pixel aspect ratio settings (ala for DV, 16:9, etc.) in the near future as well. Maybe a 3.5 release?

Thanks,
Tim

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 29, 2005 at 1:51:37 pm

Yes, I plan on adding this too. A 3.5 release is planned, but no release date yet since I haven't finalized the list of features that will be added.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

timoteo
on Dec 30, 2005 at 12:53:01 pm

Thanks for the info and good news on this front as well.

Best,
Tim

Return to posts index

Lyon Films
on Dec 30, 2005 at 4:46:25 pm

Received Aharon Rabinowitz's ParticleIllusion Fusion Volume 1 instructional DVD. I've watched most of it and the material and presentation are excellent! I highly recommend to anyone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]