FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting emitters running from the start

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul_Boland
Getting emitters running from the start
on Dec 22, 2005 at 6:40:41 pm

I've read through the help documentation five times but can't find where this info is located (though I know it is there because I recall reading it before, just can't remember it now).

What I want to know is how to set an emitter running from the start of an animation. What I mean is, instead of the emitter starting to produce particles at the start of the animation, I want it to be already in the middle to doing it at the start of the animation, so I don't see the emitter beginning. Do you follow me? I remember reading somewhere in the help file how to get the emitter running at the start of an animation, but I can't find this info now so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Return to posts index

Jon O'Connor
Re: Getting emitters running from the start
on Dec 22, 2005 at 9:25:13 pm

Under the emitter properties there is a area to set the number of frames to pre-load, if you set this to something like 100 the animation should commence with a fair amount of particles already emitted. Experiment with various pre-load settings to achieve specific timing effects.

-Jon

Return to posts index

Paul_Boland
Re: Getting emitters running from the start
on Dec 23, 2005 at 7:06:29 pm

That's it :)!!! I know I read this in the documentation somewhere but I can't for the life of me, find it. Thanks for the reminder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]