FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation Loop Render Help

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RAWRoutLOWD
Animation Loop Render Help
on Dec 10, 2005 at 12:16:31 am

Hi, i've recently started PI and I followed one of your tutorials in making an animation loop. I did the whole process with rendering the emitters and making them background images and such. When I finished it and viewed it in ParticleIllusion it worked perfectly but when I actually rendered it as a .png sequence, the background sequences in the 2 layers did not show up. Can you think of a possible source of error because I followed the directions perfectly, thanks.

Return to posts index

RAWRoutLOWD
Re: Animation Loop Render Help
on Dec 10, 2005 at 12:17:31 am

sorry, I guess i accidentally posted this twice. It said it didn't work the first time but I guess it did.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 10, 2005 at 1:34:06 am

I think it's because when you render in pIllusion with alpha channel, it only creates an alpha channel for the particles, not for the background image.

So your resulting PNG has non-zero alpha only where the particles are.

I'm not sure how to get around this -- any ideas?

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Dec 11, 2005 at 8:59:38 pm

I can't think of anything. This method assumes you are doing all of your compositing in pIllusion, so it doesn't take that into account.

Where are you bringing the footage when you're done with it in pIllusion? Depending on what software you're bringing it into for editing or compositing, there may be an easier way to do this, that takes alpha channles into account.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]