FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Particles for Combustion 4 (not recognizing)

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adguy31
New Particles for Combustion 4 (not recognizing)
on Nov 28, 2005 at 7:19:56 pm

Alan (et al.),

I remember reading about some libraries being modified to work with C4. I initially emailed you about it and you responded with the link to the newly modified/updated libraries that were supposed to work in C4.

I loaded those libraries into C4's particle library folder but Combustion still doesn't recognize this format/extension. I am not at my workstation right now but the C4 extension and the new one from the modified libraries are different. Is there something I am missing? What do I have to do to get C4 to recognize this extension. Thanks in advance.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: New Particles for Combustion 4 (not recognizing)
on Nov 28, 2005 at 7:30:55 pm

I think you downloaded the wrong file. If you downloaded IL3 files, that's wrong. You need to download the IEL files. IL3 is the pI3 format that Combustion can't use. IEL is the pI2 format that Combustion can use.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Nov 29, 2005 at 12:35:14 am

Alan,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the entire 2.0 emitter library about two weeks ago. I just got to the point where I wanted to use more within C4 and was unable to LOAD the new libraries. Now, they are in the Particle Libraries folder of Combustion. However, when I start Combustion and try to load a new library the newly converted libraries are not available within Combustion within the program itself.

The file extensions are all .ELC files and again,they are in the folder but not available to be loaded. That's what I am having trouble with at this point. I hope that provides a little more clarification. Thanks.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 29, 2005 at 2:58:53 am

Combustion was able to load IEL files at one point (at least in C2, not sure about C3) -- they may have removed that ability so it only can load ELC files now. Can anybody confirm?

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 29, 2005 at 3:20:50 am

I have contacted Ken LaRue over at the Autodesk Combustion forum (hosted by the CreativeCow too), and he's used the new IELs in C4 with no problems, so you must be doing something wrong. On the library control panel just click load library and select any of the IEL files and click OK.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Nov 29, 2005 at 5:11:31 pm

Thanks for the help Alan. That's exactly what I did and when I go to open the library in C4 the new particles are not even provided as a choice. I will just have to download the files again from wondertouch.com and start all over. I know Ken and if I have any additional issues I will contact him about it. For some reason, all of the IEL files I loaded into C4 are being converted to .ELC files. So, I will start all over again and let you know what happens. Thanks, as always, for the quick response.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 29, 2005 at 5:49:19 pm

The IELs will be converted to ELC after loading them into Combustion.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Nov 30, 2005 at 5:25:57 am

I realized after really looking into the particles. Combustion takes the new emitters and places them in their existing folders. There are no new folders created as in the stand alone of pI3. That's what I was used to seeing and what I expected to see. However, this is not the case. I just had to open pI3 and look at the emitters to find them in C4. Confusing at first but makes sense now. Thanks for the attention, Alan.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]