FORUMS: list search recent posts

instant problems with trial of PI3

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan
instant problems with trial of PI3
on Nov 17, 2005 at 8:59:26 pm

I just dloaded the trial of PI. Now I am trying the tutorials from wondertouch right now I am doing this one http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials/aharon/basic/Tut_1.htm . I am have problems on the first section. here are the directions:

1. In the layers window (4), double-click on the big gray box next to the words

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: instant problems with trial of PI3
on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:06:17 pm

In the OpenGL page of the preferences dialog (from the View menu), check the "do not use texture RAM for bg images" option, then click OK to close all windows.

Does that fix the problem?

Can you load any background images or movies at all?

Wait, I just remembered -- the demo version may have a problem with background images that are not 640x480. Try resizing that image to 640x480 in your favorite paint program and see if that will display.

(Let me know)

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Nathan
on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:27:10 pm

The image from the tutorial is 640x480. And whenever I try to go to View>>preferences PI crashes (everytime).. :( Bad Install?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:33:08 pm

Is this Windows or Mac?

If Windows, try the "reset default settings" menu option in the Start - Programs - particleIlluson 3 menu.

If Mac, try deleting the pIllusion3demo.prefs file in your user/Library/Preferences folder.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Nathan
on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:42:04 pm

yea still no go. Still crashes when I go to view>preferences. And still no image in bgrd.

My specs are:
XP Pro SP2, 2.26 ghz with 512 RAM, Vid card is Nvidia Quadro4 (I am guessing 128mb). I can try again when I get home. My home computers are a lil beefier. But my work computer is what I was going to be buying it for.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 17, 2005 at 10:10:02 pm

Ok, try the "run with software rendering" option in the Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3 menu.

If that works, then it's an OpenGL issue and you'll need to get updated video drivers for your machine from the NVidia site. 95% of the time it's a video driver issue with pIllusion 3 for Windows.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Nathan
on Nov 18, 2005 at 4:56:04 pm

Updated drivers did the trick. I had the ooolllllld drivers on my work comp. Thanks Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]