FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sparkling Diamonds

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LasVegasC
Sparkling Diamonds
on Nov 11, 2005 at 6:40:22 pm

Just got PI and still trying to wrap my brain around it. I need to do an effects of raining diamonds. I have a 30 frame animation of a 3-d diamond spinning. I used coins from misc_01.ils emmiter library (thanks Barrie) and replaced the coins with my diamond animation, pretty easy and looks good. Now comes the tough part...I want the highlighted facets (the bright ones) to sparkle. I duplicated the layer and changed the shape of the particle to a square star, now I play back and the star does not line up at all with the diamonds behind it? I feel like I just missed something, and there is probably a really good way to do what I need, but I am still green. Please share some wisdom.

TIA,

LVC

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Sparkling Diamonds
on Nov 12, 2005 at 2:47:42 am

There's no way to do this that I can think of in a regular emitter, but if you create a super emitter out of that, where you have one particle type as your diamond shape and then another for the sparkle, it's achievable.

Once you convert it to a super emitter, go into each of the particle types and check the Single Particle box. That will make each free emitter a coin and a sparkle. You can then reposition the sparkle by going into the Ref. Point controls and picking a new reference point. Now you can control the way the free emitters move by adjusting the f-Velocity and f-Weight graphs.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]