FORUMS: list search recent posts

background image problems

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Gillmer
background image problems
on Oct 26, 2005 at 1:07:13 pm

I'm new to all of this, so the answer may be obvious, but why is it that I can import a clip captured in Final Cut Pro as a background image but not a Quicktime .mov? And as far as I can tell, I can only import an 8 bit .avi file saved from Flash. Anything higher just gives me a black backround in pi.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: background image problems
on Oct 26, 2005 at 1:10:42 pm

By "8-bit" do you mean 8-bit per color channel, or 256 color? pIllusion is limited to 8-bit per channel, so doesn't support higher color depths. If you're using the Mac version, any 8-bit per channel QuickTime movies should load, but the Windows version does not support QT in this version.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Robert Gillmer
Re: background image problems
on Oct 26, 2005 at 1:46:39 pm

The drop-down menu that appears when I export a Flash movie as an .avi file defaults to 8 bit color with the option of 16, 24 or 32 bit. But, apparently it's not the color setting but rather the codec I was using that pi didn't like. I changed to the Microsoft codec and pi accepted it in the 32 bit w/alpha setting. I am using Flash on the Windows XP system but I have the pi demo program set up on both the Windows and Mac systems to try and find out which will work best for me. Anyway, it's probably the same thing with the Quicktime .movs, I'll just have to find the right settings to save it as.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]