FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI's transparency

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kaput99
AVI's transparency
on Oct 10, 2005 at 6:40:06 am

Hi all,

I want to create an AVI water fountain effect and need this AVI to be transparent. When I import this AVI to Premiere Pro I can see the black background of the AVI. How can I get a transparent AVI?. I have seen I get this effect by exporting the effects in PNG format, but working with 300 PNG picture files to create a 10 seconds movie is a real pain!
Some other applications, when exporting the AVI file in Non compressed format, they have transparency.
Any help will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: AVI's transparency
on Oct 10, 2005 at 8:04:07 am

There isn't support for importing or exporting AVIs with alpha channels in pI at this time, so an image sequence is really the only way to go at the moment.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 10, 2005 at 12:09:10 pm

Why is working with an image sequence instead of an AVI a pain? Every application I know that supports movies and image sequences makes no distinction between the two. Once you load an image sequence into the application, you can't tell the difference between it and a movie file.

Here's how you do it in Premiere Pro:

http://www.animationsforvideo.com/html/imptsapp.htm

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

kaput99
on Oct 10, 2005 at 6:31:27 pm

Ok, thank you for your help.
I know that you can place the sequence of pictures in a Bin and handel all of them. The problem here is that if you need to make some kind of repositioning and zoom in/out, then this is really a pain...unless there is something else that I can do in Premiere that I don't know.

Return to posts index

TTSAddict
on Oct 10, 2005 at 10:06:31 pm

If you REALLY need AVIs with alpha channel, you can just compose them yourself (while PI still doesn't support them).
Save your Animation to an image sequence, load this into, say, VirtualDub (be sure to explicitly check 32bit output in video bit depth options) and recompress with a lossless codec (be sure to select one that doesn't just ignore the upper eight bits without a word). Then import that to your desired application.

Return to posts index

kaput99
on Oct 11, 2005 at 6:25:54 pm

Hi,
>>>> and recompress with a lossless codec (be sure to select one that doesn't just ignore the upper eight bits without a word).
Wich codec do you suggest?. I have tried a couple withour succes, maybe I don't have any of the required ones.
Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

TTSAddict
on Oct 11, 2005 at 7:45:00 pm

I don't know of any other than my favourite -> the free, lossless huffyuv codec, because it perfectly suits my needs. But I'm sure there are many more.

Get HuffYuv here: http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]