FORUMS: list search recent posts

pI3 on 64-bit Windows

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
pI3 on 64-bit Windows
on Oct 6, 2005 at 11:15:38 am

Is anbody using pI3 on the 64-bit version of Windows? If so, how? (What special settings are needed?)

Thanks.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

zeeman
Re: pI3 on 64-bit Windows
on Oct 6, 2005 at 1:28:47 pm

Hi Alan,
I am having my computer upgraded with a new motherboard and dual boot (XP Pro and XP64). I should have this done within 2 weeks - I will install my PI 3 for both OS's and inform you of any special requirements then.
Albert

Return to posts index

kazesama
on Oct 9, 2005 at 12:52:40 am

No special settings are needed, i've been using version 3 of PI on windows x64 since Beta 1, and it's run perfectly fine. I haven't come into any issues whatsoever.

=)

Return to posts index

zeeman
on Oct 11, 2005 at 7:08:48 pm

hi kazesama,
i will be using xp64 shortly. do you use a firewall and antivirus software? i have been holding back as norton antivirus, zone alarm etc are not supposed to be 64 bit compatable. thanks
albert

Return to posts index

kazesama
on Oct 12, 2005 at 8:53:59 am

Hi zeeman,
I use Norton Antivirus 10 Corporate Edition. It has a 64-bit version avaliable, and has had so for quite a few months now. It runs fine and I have no issues with it whatsoever.
My router has a built-in hardware firewall. Because of this, I don't bother with anything other than the default windows firewall in terms of a software firewall solution.

Cheers,
Kazesama

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]