FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exploring SE version: can I output with alpha for import into Vegas?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott
Exploring SE version: can I output with alpha for import into Vegas?
on Oct 5, 2005 at 8:16:49 pm

Hi - I'm checking out the 30-day trial of SE (and will look into 3.0 as well). With SE, I've tried exporting TGA files (the grass animation) - multiple frames/files as well as singles - and even though I check the "Save Alpha" box I'm not sure that it does. I just wanted to render out the grass only for 120 frames as targas and then import the sequence into Vegas 5 and key over a background. The black that I see in SE (behind/above the grass) seems to be exported with the TGA's. However, when I enable a background image in SE the grass keys fine there. Does that make sense? Maybe I have something set up wrong in SE?

Thanks
-Scott

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Exploring SE version: can I output with alpha for import into Vegas?
on Oct 5, 2005 at 8:56:43 pm

As long as you check the Save Alpha box and export to TGA, the alpha should be included. Double check the Properties of the clip once you import it into Vegas and make sure that the alpha channel is set to something other than None. I just exported a TGA from SE and Vegas didn't automatically recognize the alpha, but it worked fine once I set the alpha to Straight in the clip's Properties.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Scott
on Oct 5, 2005 at 9:25:03 pm

First let me say "DUH!" and then "Thanks!" It's been some time since I imported TGA's that I forgot about the alpha properties in Vegas.

-Scott

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Oct 5, 2005 at 10:25:29 pm

It's an easy thing to miss. I tried bringing in a TGA that was rendered in XSI into Vegas, and it was the same thing, so I guess by default it reads TGAs without alphas.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]