FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Essentials that I need clearance of...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TTSAddict
Two Essentials that I need clearance of...
on Sep 25, 2005 at 12:57:48 am

Hello, greetings y'all.

I tried the particleIllusion3 demo today ( never heard of it before, found the wondertouch site when I searched for "explosion animation" in Google - it was the FIRST search result *gg* ) and I have to say it is SO GREAT.

Besides any (if) available plugins for Premiere or other software, would it be theoretically possible to use the particle functions to draw them directly on a memory devicecontext (or a DirectGraphics backbuffer)?
These are fast enough to create some stunning FX for a game in realtime...

2nd thing is:
Why doesn't pI3 let you save animations with alpha channel into an Avi?
There ARE codecs available, that can handle 32bit videostreams.
The free HuffYUV codec for example, that's my favorite for such jobs.

Thanks for any reply.
Gonna have some more fun with the demo now :D

Greets Ben

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Two Essentials that I need clearance of...
on Sep 26, 2005 at 1:41:46 am

#1 - no idea what that means...

#2 - It's currently not supported, but it may be in later versions. If enough people need that feture, then it may be worth adding in. But it's up to the team at wondertouch.

Fortunately they read the posts in this forum.

Take it easy.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

TTSAddict
on Sep 29, 2005 at 1:19:43 pm

>2: Found out that when viewing the alpha channel on stage, PI renders it as well to the target, so one could compose a 32bit avi on his/her own, at least. This would be enough for me, but I don't know how others might see that.

>1: That means, not rendering to main view or to a file, but rendering to memory so you can use the generated data in a programming environment in realtime.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Sep 29, 2005 at 1:25:41 pm

>1: That means, not rendering to main view or to a file, but rendering to memory so you can use the generated data in a programming environment in realtime.

Once again, I'll take your word for it. I'll stick to moving things from point A to B.

At this point, I don;t believe pIllusion can do this, or at the very least, it's not accesible to the end-user. Again, if you are looking into Game development, the only way features geared towards your industry will be added is if you let the folks at WT know you are using it for that - and that you need speciffic features to do it.

Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

TTSAddict
on Sep 29, 2005 at 4:41:32 pm

[Aharon Rabinowitz] "Once again, I'll take your word for it. I'll stick to moving things from point A to B.
Well, that is what I am doing right now *g* Since it's the only way to get what I want ( writing my own particle FX plugin, aside - why re-invent the wheel? but then again, pre-rendered effects are soooo space consuming and also always look the same)
[Aharon Rabinowitz] At this point, I don;t believe pIllusion can do this, or at the very least, it's not accesible to the end-user. Again, if you are looking into Game development, the only way features geared towards your industry will be added is if you let the folks at WT know you are using it for that - and that you need speciffic features to do it."
I'll definately try that.
Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 29, 2005 at 4:45:51 pm

Contact me via email.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

TTSAddict
on Oct 1, 2005 at 7:27:52 pm

Accidentaly sent eMail to info AT wondertouch.com instead of support. Hope it still gets through. Should I send a copy to support?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 3, 2005 at 11:35:10 am

No need. We got it.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]