FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Avi files

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eyeshine
Problems with Avi files
on Sep 22, 2005 at 6:03:44 pm

Is there any way to use a solid AVI file as a background image? I have been using PI for over a year now and the only way I found that works is to change the file into an image sequence. The problem with that though is that I'm losing all audio for the file. I'm a independant filmmaker and it would make my job so much easier to be able to have my actors speak and scream during action sequences that involve effects. I'm happy with PI emmitters and effects but I would love to mix that with the original clips audio. Anyway to do that?

Return to posts index

Tiddles
Re: Problems with Avi files
on Sep 22, 2005 at 10:18:40 pm

Hi,
What type of .avi (or codec) are you using?
I think PI has a problem with DV footage. You make have to first change it to another codec or maybe even uncompressed before you insert it.

PS: I usually render my particles as a image file sequence with alpha and add them to my original video in my NLE. This not only keeps my video footage clean & crisp, it also lets me add my particles in layers so I'm not forced into making them look perfect in PI (and my cpu wont melt as I process them all at once).

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 23, 2005 at 12:30:56 pm

If it is a DV AVI, the easiest way to deal with it in pIllusion is to install a DV codec. If you're looking for a free one, do a websearch for "Panasonic DV codec".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

eyeshine
on Sep 23, 2005 at 3:09:02 pm

I'll give that a try... Thanks a lot and hopefully that helps!

Return to posts index

Medion
on Sep 23, 2005 at 4:07:44 pm

I did That with the Elisoft codec and it worked

Return to posts index

eyeshine
on Sep 23, 2005 at 9:22:04 pm

Just downloaded Panasonic DV Codec. Installed it and tried loading up my DV AVI file as a background and yet again... the same error... "Problem initializing AVI" and then the program crashes. Do I need to alter the DV AVI file in Virtual Dub before loading it in PI? Or should it just work? I'm just learning all this stuff so if anyone has the patience to help a slow learner believe you me... I'm listening!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]