FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distintigrating people tutorial queries

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandyy
Distintigrating people tutorial queries
on Sep 12, 2005 at 11:03:26 pm

Ok, I am trying out Elvis tutorial and having a few problems :

1) When I turn the NUMBER blank Emitter up to 2000 until keyframe 58, it does not cause more particles because at 59, the number drops to 0. I end up seeing Elvis with a few dots on him.
(Not sure why it is written this way, it is supposed to be the NEW Particle Type NUMBER graph pressed up to 2000?)

2) At keyframe 59, when the particles start to drop away (after putting weight on them), the image of Elvis stays in the background and does not disappear in the preview window (this is after setting the background to END 58).

3) Maybe my confusion lies in what Elvis is talking about moving the graphs for - the blank emitter or the particle?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mandyy
Re: Distintigrating people tutorial queries
on Sep 13, 2005 at 1:32:24 am

ALSO,

Which program do you use for export your image sequence as PNG?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Sep 13, 2005 at 4:57:19 am

1) In the end, you'll probably want to have both the emitter's number graph at 2000, and the particle type's number graph at 2000. When setting the keyframes to determine when the particles appear and stop appearing, do that in the emitter's number graph by setting a keyframe at frame 58 with a value of 2000, and a key at frame 59 with a value of 0. The particles are only being born on frame 58 to create our cloned particle actor.

2) Do you have Hold Last Frame checked in the Background Image Settings? If so, uncheck it.

3) If you click on the images in the tutorial, the ones that include shots of the graphs in them have the information on whether it's the particle type's graph or the emitter's graph.

4) I did the keying and expored the PNGs from After Effects, but any compositor should be able to handle it.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Mandyy
on Sep 14, 2005 at 4:37:51 pm

Another question :
1) what does changing the end frame to 58 do?
2) In your video that ISN'T the project ( the one where you walk and fall apart while moving), what did you do different?
3) I am finding with my own personal video, that the particles don't fall very fast out of frame. It takes a while for them to disappear, farther past the 63 frame of video I have - how do I fix this?

Well, I asked a friend who has AE and she said it doesn't have an PNG exporter - oh well.

Return to posts index

Mandyy
on Sep 14, 2005 at 4:50:17 pm

Opps, forgot to ask. I want a person to distingrate, but want the colour to change from the 'get colour/transparency from layer' to a brown or dust colour. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Mandyy
on Sep 14, 2005 at 5:38:49 pm

Another question - arggg! - now I have some PNG files, the background will not disappear, even with HOLD LAST FRAME unchecked. It continued through and the particles fall to the ground, the background is still there...

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Sep 14, 2005 at 10:31:54 pm

I really don't know why it would stay. You mentioned some Open GL problems in a previous post, so maybe it's a video card/drivers thing.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Sep 14, 2005 at 9:44:46 pm

You can animate the Color Blend graph that will appear in your Hierarchy window once Get Color is checked. It will let you blend the Color Gradient colors with the colors from your background image.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Sep 14, 2005 at 9:39:41 pm

1) That should make your background dissapear on frame 59 (if Hold Last Frame is unchecked). You're really just trimming the video clip down, the same way as if you trimmed it in an editing program.

2) The difference is that rather than just cutting the background image on a certain frame, I faded out the background over the course of a couple of frames. That's not something you can do in pI, you'll need to do that in an editing program or compositor.

3) Increase the particle type's Weight and Velocity graphs so that the particles move faster.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]