FORUMS: list search recent posts

can not use avi-files for background image

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Sautter
can not use avi-files for background image
on Sep 9, 2005 at 5:44:43 pm

Hy Folks,

I`ve got problems using avi-files as background image. It`s no problem to use a still image like a jpg. When I try to use a avi-file the background stays black. Does anybody have experiences with this problem. Are there any settings that I have to check, or do I have to use a special codec? I tried a standart Microsoft DV and Uncompressed File.

Please help, otherwise I have to learn combustion within the next day. :-)

Thanks in advance

Martin

Return to posts index

Martin Sautter
Re: can not use avi-files for background image
on Sep 9, 2005 at 6:14:41 pm

Ok......i just deinstallde my blackmagic stuff and it worked. Dont know what that means!!!!

What codecs are supported by PI? And why is it not possible to use Quicktime files in the Windows version?

Greez Martin

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 9, 2005 at 6:16:00 pm

Don't know anything about Blackmagic. The Windows version does not support QuickTime right now.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 9, 2005 at 6:14:59 pm

I suspect OpenGL is the culprit. First, open the pIllusion prefs and on the OpenGL page check the "do not use texture RAM for bg images" option. If that doesn't help, then try running with software rendering instead of hardware acceleration. The easiest way to do this is from the Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3.0 menu on Windows, and by launching pI3 with the Shift key held on OS X.

If the problem goes away when running with software rendering, then you need updated video drivers.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Martin Sautter
on Sep 9, 2005 at 7:06:53 pm

Thanks for the fast reply, I will give it a try. :-)

Greets Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]