FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI plugin for After Effects

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiddles
PI plugin for After Effects
on Aug 30, 2005 at 5:59:30 am

Hi,
Whats the latest word on the ParticleIllusion plugin for After Effects?
Is it ready yet?
If not, any idea when?
If yes, where can I get it?

Thanks...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI plugin for After Effects
on Aug 30, 2005 at 3:49:37 pm

It's not ready yet. As soon as it is, you'll see posts, banners, etc. all over the place. =)

I'm not saying when it will be ready. We've set and missed so many deadlines already, so I'm not doing it anymore. One day it will just be available.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

tiddles
on Aug 31, 2005 at 9:14:00 am

Thanks for the info Alan, I'm certainly glad I havn't missed anything.
I will endevour to wait with bated breath...

Return to posts index

Pablo
on Sep 1, 2005 at 10:54:17 pm

AS Ive said before, what Alan is forbidden to say due to NDA's, is that it will be ready and waiting come IBC - exactly the same time as Adobe releases After Effects 7 (Ppro 2 etc). In reality Adobe should have released a lot sooner than they have (to busy gobling up other companies) so my theory is that the PI delay is in fact due to Adobe, not wondertouch. Cant release a plug in for an ap that doesnt exist right...?

Return to posts index

Jeff Andrews
on Sep 19, 2005 at 5:29:25 am

Glad to see this info here (speculation and all). I had just finished typing an email I had finally gotten around to sending out to wondertouch, being as it's been over a year since the Siggraph 2004 demo of the particleIllusion AE plug-in. Since I'm an AE user as well as a particleIllusion SE user, I had decided to wait for the plug-in version - also since it was initially expected to ship in the 4th quarter of 2004. The last thing I was looking for to complete my email was Alan's email address so I could try to get the info right from the horse's mouth, so to speak. A Google search led me back here to the Cow, and then it finally dawned on me to check if this info had already been discussed and posted here. And so it has. One less email clogging up the world.

And just a side-note to Alan - keep up the great work. I've been very impressed with the exceptional graphics produced from Illusion 1.0 onward through the current particleIllsion 3.0 incarnation. Kudos to you.

Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 19, 2005 at 12:18:44 pm

Thanks Jeff. I really regret announcing our plug-in so early. Initial development went so quickly, it looked like we'd be done in no time. Then we discovered some problems and had to rewrite a lot of the code, and there are a lot of details to take care of.

I should have remembered my experience when integrating pIllusion into Combustion a few years ago. It took about 3 days (at most) to get pIllusion running in Combustion, then 6 months of work to get "the details" implemented. This included almost full-time support from one of the combustion developers.

It will be finished and released someday. Look how long it took us to get pI3 for OS X done! =)

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Tiddles
on Sep 19, 2005 at 12:50:57 pm

Hay again Alan, Just wanted to let you know how much I, and many others, truly appreciate the fantastic work you & the gang at wondertouch have done. It

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]