FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Particle Illusion the best?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Lindahl
Is Particle Illusion the best?
on Aug 24, 2005 at 2:32:49 pm

We're looking into getting a particle system software for doing some smoke-effects in a scene. The question is what to pick.

How does Particle Illusion stand upp to "Trapcode Particular" and "Apple Motion"? Any reviews arround?

Seems good to have Particular "in" After Effects and it beeing a fully 3D-compatible plugin. But if Particle Illusion performs better, then that might be the way to go?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Is Particle Illusion the best?
on Aug 24, 2005 at 3:27:47 pm

Motion's particle system is roughly equivalent to particleIllusion 2.0 / particleIllusion SE. Particular is 3D and works inside AE, but particleIllusion 3.0 has a LOT more "presets" than Particular, covering a wider range of effects, from what I understand. I don't use Particular in production work, so I can't give a more detailed answer -- I'd like to hear from people who use both Particular and particleIllusion.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Aug 24, 2005 at 10:34:48 pm

Different strokes for different projects. Ones that need 3d particles and motion thru 3d space, Particular is great. For projects that dont, and benefit from the wide variety of presets (AE plug soon?), PI is my choice.
Just depends on the effect your trying to achieve. I personally will choose PI more often when it resides in AE. Timing and expressions and blend modes are often crucial to speedy success and these will only happen when its a plug.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Aug 25, 2005 at 1:31:09 am

It seems to be a win/loss situation :)

The AE-plug is a big plus, but it seems Particle Illusion has ALOT more presets to work with.

What to choose, what to choose

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]