FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to turn off an emitter

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mulhuis
How to turn off an emitter
on Aug 21, 2005 at 11:24:50 pm

Hi Folks,
Really new to this and struggling through the tutorials but I cannot find the answer to one thing. When creating a sequence I want to change from one emitter to another (stop one and start a new one) but cannot find out how to do so. I may be having a mind block here and missing something really basic but would really apreciate forum members help.
Many thanks
Mulhuis

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: How to turn off an emitter
on Aug 22, 2005 at 4:48:30 am

You can set keyframes on an emitter's Active graph to turn it on and off.

Select the emitter in the Hierarchy window (the left side of the screen), find the Active graph (it has a green box beside it), and then click in the Graph window at the point where you want the emitter to be turned off.

If you'd rather fade the emitter out instead of having it dissapear entirely, set some keyframes in the Visibility graph instead.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 22, 2005 at 11:21:43 am

In some cases you'd rather step the "Number" property down to 0 instead of using "active". Also, turning down the visibility of particles to 0 isn't the most efficient way to get rid of them, because they're still there taking up computation time even though you can't see them.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

jamesinnewcastle
on Aug 22, 2005 at 6:35:36 pm

If you did want to turn the visibility down to zero you could then turn the emitter off too, wouldn't that save on the computation power?

Return to posts index

mulhuis
on Aug 22, 2005 at 7:51:41 pm

Hi Elvis,
Thanks for info-worked brilliantly.
Most grateful
Cheers
Mulhuis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved