FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible problems with dual processor?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
epaten
Possible problems with dual processor?
on Aug 14, 2005 at 10:44:08 pm

Hello,

I had a single processor computer and had no problems with PI3 whatsoever. Then I upgrade my computer to a Dual Core AMD Athlon 4200+ processor and am having problems with it crashing quite a bit. Is anyone else running a dual core system that has problems as well? I also upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce 6600 as well. Tried new drivers but still crashes.

Thoughts?

Ed

Return to posts index

ZeeMan
Re: Possible problems with dual processor?
on Aug 15, 2005 at 11:56:57 am

Hi Ed,
I have an Athlon X2 4800 dual core using a Chaintech motherboard with an Quadro 3400 graphics card. I have no problems with PI. Maybe it is your graphics card or drivers? I have had some problems with firewire capture and soundblaster sound cards that caused my computer to hang occasionally, but never while using PI. Does this help?
Albert

Return to posts index

epaten
on Aug 15, 2005 at 8:52:58 pm

Thanks, that helps a little bit. Basically it'll come down to a piece of hardware/software/driver issue. I'll be in troubleshooting hell for the next week or so. Haha

Ed

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 16, 2005 at 11:35:51 am

Over 90% of the problems people have with pIllusion are due to video driver issues. Try running with software rendering and see if the crashes stop.

Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3 - run with software rendering

If this fixes the problem, then it is indeed a video driver issue. Since you're using the latest drivers, if they're "beta" drivers, try using the latest drivers that are "released" or "qualified" (they are probably not the newest drivers).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]