FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using emitter for many objects

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Asselin
Using emitter for many objects
on Jul 27, 2005 at 3:48:45 am

Guys I have been using P.I. for a while and really enjoy it but have been unable to master 1 thing. Like the emitters that use items such as crabs or fish I would like to be able to plug in graphics and emit large amounts of these graphics all over the screen. I have tried disassembling some of the pre-made emitters that come with the product and can't seem to make it work. Does anyone know of a tutorial or even an easy to disassemble emitter to use for this purpose?

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Using emitter for many objects
on Jul 27, 2005 at 7:23:31 am

Probably the best emitter to use as a starting point would be the Mouse emitter in the Default library. If you go into its Properties and uncheck the Single Particle box, it'll start emitting hundreds of mice. Then you can swap your own images in place of the mouse sequence. There's a tutorial about changing Shapes here

Under the Behaviour tab, you'll probably want to select Align to Motion depending on what sort of things your emitting (it's really handy for creating an army of bugs).

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
on Jul 27, 2005 at 7:05:40 pm

Thanks a bunch I'll try it today.

Dan

Return to posts index

Jonathan Decker
on Jul 30, 2005 at 7:40:08 am

elvis,
do you get paid for all the help you give people with this program?

Wondertouch should give you a percentage check for each person you referr to their product.

Or, did you invent it?

gesamtkunstzwerk

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Jul 30, 2005 at 5:02:44 pm

All of the leaders here are volunteers. They help out because they love the program and they love sharing their knowledge and they're really nice people.

If you're at Siggraph this week, stop by the wondertouch booth. You'll find Elvis, Aharon and Alan there -- you can meet them in person.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]