FORUMS: list search recent posts

particleIllusion 3.0 for OS X now available!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
particleIllusion 3.0 for OS X now available!
on Jul 26, 2005 at 3:30:03 pm

particleIllusion 3.0 for OS X is now available!

More information on the wondertouch website. http://www.wondertouch.com

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

lasvideo
Re: particleIllusion 3.0 for OS X now available!
on Jul 26, 2005 at 3:38:29 pm

BOOOOOOO:) Why did you release this when PI for After Effects was
slated for release a month ago? Is there a bigger user base for PI 3 for the MAC then there are After Effects users? Just a little disappointed....

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 26, 2005 at 6:27:51 pm

We actually started working on the Mac version before we started working on the AE plug-in, so the release order is as-expected.

We are also disappointed that we didn't release at the end of June, but if it's not ready, it's not ready. It has been an exceedingly complex undertaking, much more so than we anticipated.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Jul 26, 2005 at 6:39:00 pm

As bummed as I may be, I still applaud your efforts and remain one of PI biggest fans

Return to posts index

4ami
by
on Jul 26, 2005 at 3:38:37 pm

Sincere congratulation!

Return to posts index

Marcellus
on Jul 26, 2005 at 3:44:59 pm

Excuse the ignorance. Is this upgrade for PC users with the current PI 2.0 version. Is there more information on the extent of PI 3.0 capabilities?

Return to posts index

Shawnm
on Jul 26, 2005 at 6:59:21 pm

I'm not a Mac user, but I'm extremely exited for Wondertouch. Developing software is hard work, and not everyone does it as well as WT. Kudos to you Alan and the rest of the team, I hope you guys sell 100 million PI licenses. Now, I'm just going to stay here and *patiently* wait for the PI plugin for AE... ;-)

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 26, 2005 at 7:04:18 pm

Thanks Shawn, now I just need your payment details so I can process your order for 1 million licenses of pI3. Shipping might be pricey though. ;-)

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Shawnm
on Jul 26, 2005 at 8:31:25 pm

Lol- can I post date a check? :-P

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Jul 27, 2005 at 8:50:11 am

Is the development of the AE plug-in such a sticky widget that you can't give a guestimate for release? Are you still planning to complete the development?

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Jul 27, 2005 at 3:05:59 pm

I like the stand alone version. I dont need another plug-in to slow down AE. If you plan out your work flow there is no loss by using it as a stand alone. And either programs run just fine with them both open.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Shawnm
on Jul 27, 2005 at 6:45:11 pm

I don't know about others here, but I personally would love the ability to use expressions on different PI properties. I also like the idea of being able to go back and change an effect or composite in AE, without having to re-render an element in PI. I do agree with you though, the stand alone version of PI is quite good. The plugin will just give us new ways of using effects that weren't possible before (in PI).

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Don Jaksa
on Jul 31, 2005 at 1:24:49 am

Lighten up people!
We MAC users have been screaming at Alan for a couple of YEARS to make PI work on OSX. There have been many nasty things posted here on this forum because the development was so slow. We all rejoiced when the SE version came out just so that we could have SOME sort of PI on OSX.
Now that we finally have a FULL version of PI for our platform, we should tuck our tails between our legs and aplogize for all of the nasty attitudes that were given to Alan in the past.
THIS IS PROGRESS PEOPLE, quit bitching that you don't have what YOU want RIGHT NOW. It'll happen, and it will be another groundbreaking product, but development takes time.
Thanks Alan for all of the work and delivering an excellent product. I too look forward to the AE plugin, but I would like to congratulate Wondertouch on the MAC 3.0 realease of PI and thank you as well.

DJ

Return to posts index

Ad Mulders
on Aug 1, 2005 at 3:41:55 pm

Thank Alan, just bought PI3 for the Mac and already working with it.
It's great.

Question, is the also a licence limit for using it on several computers?

Kind regards,

Ad Mulders
CSN media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]