FORUMS: list search recent posts

replacement image for particle and using blockers

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dumpling
replacement image for particle and using blockers
on Jul 19, 2005 at 11:38:57 pm

What is the best way to create a replacement image for one of the effects. I exported an image in one of the libraries and noticed it was a .png with a transparent background....and I created one as such...but when I imported it....even when I selected "color"....it still shoes up grey? What might I be doing wrong?

Also, how does one move the blockers and reflectors with a moving object on a film clip. I know how to move the emmiter with an object...but can't figure out the blockers...thanks ahead of time for any help.

Dumpling

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: replacement image for particle and using blockers
on Jul 20, 2005 at 4:20:30 am

Where did you create the image. If you did it in photoshop, I think you need to create a seperate Alpha Channel manually, in the channels palette. See if that works. Remember, you have to create the channel and then fill it with something - a black alpha channel has no opacity - it's completely transparent.

When it comes to moving blockers, you have to do it by hand. At the center of your blocker is a dot - If you move this dot, a new position key is created. Each of the points that make up the blocker can also be moved and animated.

If you look in the heirarchy window at the blocker, you will see the blocker (which if selected shows it's position keys) and a folder with points (which again, if selected show you position keys). Every time you move the blocker or points, a new key is generated.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]