FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I use PI to make special effects in a movie? (Im new, please help me)

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ineedhelplez
How do I use PI to make special effects in a movie? (Im new, please help me)
on Jul 3, 2005 at 7:01:36 pm

I just installed PI today. I would like to use it to make special effects in a movie. How can I edit my movie with special effects from PI? The only thing I figured how to Import was importing a picture as my backround. I need to edit a movie file though. Is there a way that I can import a clip of a movie into PI and put special effects on it? Im pretty fustrated and would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: How do I use PI to make special effects in a movie? (Im new, please help me)
on Jul 3, 2005 at 10:16:46 pm

This tutorial will give you a good basic understanding of how to add effects to footage

Loading a movie clip is the same as loading a background image, just choose the video file and it should load up (AVI on Windows, Quicktime on Mac, and you can load sequences of images on both).

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Ineedhelplez
Re: How do I use PI to make special effects in a movie? (Im new, please help me)
on Jul 4, 2005 at 2:34:38 am

thanks elvis! I appreciate your help. I got a couple more questions to ask.

1). How come there is no sound when I import the movie? Its not really that big of a problem. I could transfer it back into my movie editor and put it in, but it would be nice if the sound came with it into PI.

2). How come when i Press play it only plays to frame 120? It just stops at 120 and loops. Is this because I am using a demo version?

Return to posts index

Ineedhelplez
on Jul 4, 2005 at 2:35:58 am

actually, i found out how to stop the 120 frame problem :) Just need help with the soun. I appreciate your help

Return to posts index

Ineedhelplez
on Jul 4, 2005 at 3:05:21 am

how do I take the PI logo off of my video?

Return to posts index

virgilioBRAZIL
on Jul 4, 2005 at 5:39:49 am

hi! after you buy the PI full version the logo disappear.

Return to posts index

Ineedhelplez
on Jul 4, 2005 at 2:51:29 pm

ahhh. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jul 4, 2005 at 5:47:17 pm

There's very little support for sound within pI, at least you can't play it back with your clips. But if you're rendering out to an AVI, check the box that says "Use Audio From Layer" on the Output Options screen and choose the layer your avi is on from the drop-down list. That will stick the sound into the final rendered file.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]