really need help with project... PLEASE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Hancock
really need help with project... PLEASE
on Jun 19, 2005 at 10:32:27 am

Hi Brothers and Sisters of the Cowgregation,

I am in desperate need of advice.

I created a lower third in Photoshop CS, added a layer for a gradient, saved the work with an alpha channel and opened the PSD in AE 6.5 Pro. There I animated the lower third, created a text layer where a rectangular mask revealed the person's name over the course of a second. I then saved all of this as an .AVI file and imported it into PI. I wanted to use the simple sparkles to help "reveal" the name and follow the mask I created. I was able to do all of this with relative ease... That was the setup and no here's the problem.

I created a really nice looking lower third and was able to output as both a .PNG sequence and a .JPG sequence. I put it back into AE to see how well it looked over footage and everything was fine. So, then I tried going into both Vegas and Premiere Pro and EVERY SINGLE TIME I put the lower third over the footage I get the lower third but I also get a Black background where the footage should be. I have told both Vegas and PP1.5 that there is an alpha channel, I have tried various blending modes with Vegas and I cannot get the lower third to look right at all in Vegas. I cannot find blending modes in PP1.5.

I know what you are all thinking... I should just use the footage from AE (and, I probably will) but then why did I buy Vegas and PP if I can't use them for what I want to help expedite the process. I have read books on alphas, watched Aahron's video with regards to alphas and outputs and am still experiencing this very frustrating result. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance.
Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: really need help with project... PLEASE
on Jun 19, 2005 at 6:38:29 pm

What settings did you have checked on the Render Settings page?

One thing to remember, and perhaps this is what's causing your problem, is that while pI outputs the alpha from the particles, it doesn't export the alpha channel of a background image.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Seth Hancock
Re: really need help with project... PLEASE
on Jun 19, 2005 at 11:47:31 pm

I figured the whole thing out finally. When I had posted this message I had been up for about 30 hours working on a project and didn't realize I wasn't changing the output in AE to Straight (instead of premultiplied) and as a RGB+Alpha Sequence. My bad.

Thanks for the response, though...

Seth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]