FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dragonball Naruto kind of effect

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fighter**PT*
Dragonball Naruto kind of effect
on Jun 9, 2005 at 12:35:21 am

Heyz I'm new to particle illusion and i'm already trilled with the possibilities of it =)
I'm trying to put up some effects on mini clips i created with some friends , in other words, concentrating balls of energy in my hands then carrying thim around while running and finaly shooting them, but my movments seem faster the the particles... : what i mean is i'm going frame to frame and choosing where i want the particle to be (in this case in my hand that's moving all around the place) but the particle takes tons of time to get there : is there any way i can speed up the movment of the particle??

(in other words i want go rapidly go from point A -> B -> C ->D whith my hands, and the particle should follow, but the particle only reachs point B with it full potential (not only the trail) when my hands are already at point D )

Can anybody help?

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Dragonball Naruto kind of effect
on Jun 9, 2005 at 3:08:29 am

It's not that they're taking time to get there.

It's probably things like, life, size over life and the transparency gradient that are effecting it.

The longer something lives the longer it's Over life properties take to do their thing - so if it grows over life, it will grow slower with a longer life.

Also, the longer it lives the longer the transparency (or color for that matter) takes to go through the gradient (in the particle Properties, color tab).

So try either shortening the life, playing with the size over life, or get the transparency gradient to have less black over the course of the life so your particles appear sooner.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jun 9, 2005 at 5:56:48 am

Also, if you want the particles to follow exactly where you're placing the emitter, turn on the Attached to Emitter checkbox. That will make them stick to the position of the emitter, but you'll get a slider so you can adjust how close they stick.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Fighter**PT*
on Jun 9, 2005 at 10:11:42 am

Thanks I'm going to try it today but it's a lot of help ^_^
Thank you one more time for the fast reply :D

Return to posts index

Jonathan Decker
on Jun 15, 2005 at 5:13:51 am

I'd be interested in seeing this when it's done. Did you use a tennis ball or something for a frame of reference in hand? It sounds like your actors are on screen for a length of time. If you use Elvis's suggestion and some quick (or DBZ slipt screen) reaction cuts, you could easily avoid the absurd trail lag and also the particle's death. It might also allow you to switch the emitter from a glowing ball to a burning sun before ejecting it at the foe. That could save you some processing time.

gesamtkunstzwerk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]