FORUMS: list search recent posts

Targa Sequence

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Beckett
Targa Sequence
on May 18, 2005 at 6:50:51 pm

Hello all,
I'm a very new user of PI, and I've run into an intersting problem. If I want to render something out as a targa sequence, it acts like it's rendering the sequence, but, when I go to the folder where I sent the render, there's nothing there! If I render an avi file, it works just fine. For what I want to do, I need to have an alpha channel, thus the targa sequence. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Targa Sequence
on May 18, 2005 at 7:20:18 pm

What version are you using? What OS?

Does it work if you save out a single TGA file?

Try using a very simple filename such as "test.tga".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Sam Beckett
on May 18, 2005 at 7:42:57 pm

I'm sorry, I should have known to add those things. I'm using 3.0.1a, on a laptop running XP home. I've tried saving a single tagra, with no luck. A plan "B" might be if there was a codec I could load that would let me render and avi with an Alpha.

Thanks again,
Sam

Return to posts index

Sam Beckett
on May 18, 2005 at 7:45:08 pm

One thing I should also mention, the video card in the laptop is a ATI Technologies Inc.
MOBILITY RADEON 9600 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2
Version: 1.4.4145 WinXP Release. I'm not sure if that's revevent, but ya'never know.

Sam

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 18, 2005 at 7:49:06 pm

Ok. Are you able to save any image formats at all? If not, then you should reinstall. If TGA is the only format you can't write, check to see if you have "lftga13n.dll" in your particleIllusion 3 folder. If not, you should probably reinstall.

You could also use the "run with software rendering" option (Start - Programs - particleILlusion 3 menu) and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you have a video driver issue and need to get updated drivers (or use older "qualified" drivers if you're using beta drivers).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]