FORUMS: list search recent posts

about this huffy codec

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike mcCool
about this huffy codec
on May 13, 2005 at 9:00:12 pm

Thanx to Elvis' link, was able to d'load and install this--but I can't figure out to configure Prem6.5 to capture using this codec.

(Did post to the PremPro list--but I'm thinking y'all are a bit snappier with the comebacks, so I'm cross-posting it here).

Notice, in the Prem Project Settings/Video window, the Compressor: input string has its "Configure" button ghosted. I'm thinking maybe that's the door I need to open.

Thanx, y'all, for your attention--and apologies, for being OT,
M

Return to posts index

Ronnie Knight
Re: about this huffy codec
on May 16, 2005 at 2:38:29 am

You need to change the editing mode from DV Playback to Video for Windows. Do this by choosing new project and clicking the "Custom Settings" tab then change it under the General heading. Then you can change the compressor.

Return to posts index

mike mcCool
on May 16, 2005 at 4:52:31 am

Hey Ronnie,

Yep, tried this, and I can indeed access the different video codecs then--but under New Project Settings/CAPTURE, there's a message next to the Video for Windows input string that says: "Unable to access capture driver."

When I choose Capture/Movie, my virtual screen is grey, and, though the virtual deck works and activates the input camera, nothing happens when I try to capture.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 16, 2005 at 7:50:38 am

I don't have a video camera at the moment so I can't check this out, but I don't think you can capture straight from a miniDV camera as a Huffy avi. You probably have to capture to the usual Microsoft DV codec and then render out of Premiere as a Huffy compressed avi.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

mike mcCool
on May 16, 2005 at 8:03:48 am

You know what: I think you just nailed it!

(It's not for nothing, they call you "Elvis").

Thanx, sir,
M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]