FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame/time rate in PI

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nils palmen
Frame/time rate in PI
on May 13, 2005 at 1:31:02 pm

hellow - i'm trying to make some footage in PI that is moving on music ... i already found out it's impossible to use sound in PI ... so i planned to do it through frames and seconds - writing them down and making the move in PI at the same place ... so now i come to the point that the music is in 25 frames or digital information or 30 frames or whatever -- but in what is the PI rate?? ... can i change it to frame rates? seconds?? ... please help me out ... like this it is almost just NO creative FUN to do so ...

thank you - nils.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Frame/time rate in PI
on May 13, 2005 at 2:23:34 pm

No problem, It's easy:

View (Menu) --> Project setting --> Frame rate area

FYI - Audio doesn't use frame rates. Just length of time.

All the best.

Aharon Rabinowitz
arabinowitz(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on May 13, 2005 at 6:17:39 pm

This is what will be so cool when PI has a plugin for After Effects. For any parameter that you are able to set a keyframe for in the PI plugin you will be able to tie it to changes in audio (the beat, etc) or any other changing property (that also has keyframes, like size of layer, the moving point as a stroke is revealed, etc), through expressions.

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on May 13, 2005 at 6:35:58 pm

If you are using PI 3 (I'm just testing SE, so I'm no expert) couldn't you import as a background layer, an avi you've created with visual Cues, like a white dot appearing on the beat, or notes you want to sync PI particles with. Like in Premiere of FCP (easy in After Effects), drop a Photoshop dot in at the beat, assuming you can see the audiowave form). Then with that as a background, animate your particle in PI, then drop out you "Visual Cue" background before you render out in PI.

It should work if you can add and drop backgrounds in PI 3.

Or maybe it won't work because I don't know the program being new to it.

Return to posts index

nils palmen
on May 14, 2005 at 4:31:42 pm

thanks guys!

yikesmikes: that's a crazy good idea. seems like this job is always about puzzeling and finding new patterns. :) great!

Return to posts index

Bas Wolters
on May 15, 2005 at 11:53:17 am

You can also make a simple table showing Beats Per Second vs. Frames Per Second; then you know exactly which key frames will be in sync with the music.

For example, a 120 BPMinute soundtrack has 2 beats per second. PAL video runs at 25 FPS so there are 12.5 frames per beat. If you list them all out (12.5, 25, 37.5, 50, etc.) for the entire sound sample you won't get lost and your PI footage will be animated in perfect sync.

Good luck and don't forget to post the results!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]