FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI and moving footage

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Woods
PI and moving footage
on May 12, 2005 at 11:47:59 pm

Ok, here's the deal: I have a quiet little scene of my house, I tilt up into the sky and then tilt back down. What i want is a shot of a meteor (for no aparent reason) to fall from the sky and land on my front lawn. I know how to essentially do this, but the big problem I have is that the fotage moves even when im done tilting, and so when the camera movies, the emitter gets off track and it looks completly fake. I want to know how i can fix this. What really got me thinking this is possible is from the kaboom vid clip on the gallery page. It zoomed out and even shook, but the explosions stayed in the same place, regardless of camera movment. Can someone help me out here? Also, I have PI SE currently (still waiting for PI 3 for mac). I have a bad feeling this solution might have to wait 'till PI 3 for mac is released. But if its possible in SE (aka 2.0) then let me know.

~Bryan

"Hey, lets see what that looks like with a lightsaber!" ~Bryan Woods

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI and moving footage
on May 12, 2005 at 11:51:53 pm

You're out of luck -- the solution is Layer Offset, which is only available in 3.0.

Do a search on the forum archives for "tracking"... or "soccer". There's a good example there.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Bryan Woods
Re: PI and moving footage
on May 13, 2005 at 12:42:54 am

I thought so. Ah well, its at least good to know that 3.0 for mac will be coming out shortly. I guess ill just put this project aside for now. Thanks Alen.

~Bryan

"Hey, lets see what that looks like with a lightsaber!" ~Bryan Woods

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]