FORUMS: list search recent posts

particle illusion and flash MX

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean
particle illusion and flash MX
by
on May 11, 2005 at 6:12:09 pm

is it possible to use particle illusion with flash?

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
Re: particle illusion and flash MX
on May 12, 2005 at 12:50:46 am

Go ask at the particle Illusion forum:

http://www.creativecow.net/forum/view_posts.php?forumid=23

I've just started playing with it, and it produces AVI's or targa sequences. Rumor from the founder has an After Effects PI plugin coming out soon. Since AE outputs swfs (although rather fat jpegs for raster stuff) you can output PI effects as swfs in the future.

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on May 12, 2005 at 12:56:22 am

My mistake about sending you to the PI forum, I though I was still on the Cow AE forum, allniters for us old folks are deadly.

Here's a Q for the PI founder since he'll probably see this:

Can the AE PI plugin use Illustrator files (as imported layers in AE) for particles. If so, since AE makes sall swfs from AI shapes, maybe AE will output vector particle creations. Hmmm. The thought is mind boggling. Probably too good to be true.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 12, 2005 at 2:41:31 am

In theory you should be able to use any AE layer as the source (particle shape image) for a particle, although we haven't tested this since it's not working yet.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a vector-to-raster conversion in there though, so the output won't be vector (I think).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on May 12, 2005 at 6:53:16 am

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, almost all effects are rasterized on output to Swf, except Audio Waveform and Audio Spectrum and Path Text.I'm looking forward to the PI AE fit. Thanks for keeping after it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]