FORUMS: list search recent posts

follow a null with delay for another layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gus Favoreto
follow a null with delay for another layer
on Sep 26, 2017 at 1:18:25 am

Hey guys, I need some help!

I have a 1080 comp and a huge list (that are out of the comp) of itens parented a Null that is the “Controller of the scroll”. I need the some of these itens arrive with delay. I got kinda of work, but the position keep going, dont stop at the keyframe. I have initial 4 keyframes; in, stop, move 50px, out. Tese is the basic movement that the Null will do. And the other footages and text follow this null. But the delay need be with the index-1.

This is the monster that I did:

pOut = 900;
pStart = 1080; //when start in the comp
p = toComp(anchorPoint)[1];
posIn = transform.yPosition;
posEnd = thisComp.layer("White Solid 3").transform.yPosition.valueAtTime(time - .50); // should be index-1 but doesn’t work for me
if (p < pStart)
easeIn(p,pStart,pOut,[posEnd],[posIn])
else
posIn // after get the original position should be at the original position, without the delay.

Other question, how can I parent a position to another layer and the child keep his original position?

Thank you in advance,
Gus

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
Re: follow a null with delay for another layer
on Sep 26, 2017 at 8:21:20 am

There is always this post https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=227&postid=1551...
But if you need to apply that to your index and don't know how, try this parent.fromWorld(toWorld(anchorPoint,time-index))
The items will be delayed by one second each, startin at the second of the first index. If you need to adjust that, just add/subtract from the index in the expression. As for your second question, if you want to parent something to a layer but let it keep his original position, you could simply parent only the effects/dimensions you need. You do this by adding an expression to that effect/dimension and pickwhip it to the parent layer.

Andrei

Return to posts index

Gus Favoreto
on Sep 26, 2017 at 8:31:01 am

Thank you Andrei, I'll try this.

When I pickwip the position for exemple, the value for my actual postion is add to a value to the postion that was linked. I want to know a way that when I pickwip the postion, the original position keep the same.

-Gus

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
on Sep 26, 2017 at 8:36:59 am

When you pickwhip a position to another position, the value as number of the parented position will change to the values of the parent position. The numbers will be the same, but if the layer containing the parented position is also parented to another layer, the positions visually will not be the same. Because when you parent a layer to another layer, the position coordinates refer to the position of the parent. When the layer is not parented, the position coordinates refer to the top left corner of the composition.

Andrei

Return to posts index

Gus Favoreto
on Sep 26, 2017 at 8:43:59 am

Great! Thank you Andrei!

-Gus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]