FORUMS: list search recent posts

mouth-animation, get keyframes form precomp (with framesToTime) without playing other states

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg Hübler
mouth-animation, get keyframes form precomp (with framesToTime) without playing other states
on May 22, 2017 at 11:14:04 am

Hello there,

i am animating a character. In a pre-comp i set 10 different mouthpositions every 25th frame. There are many pixelbased layers from Photoshop which i transformed with puppetpins into every single position (like "O", "AH", laughing, etc.).
In the main composition i enabled timeremapping at this pre-comp and gave it a slidereffect.

mouth=effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
framesToTime(mouth*25)

So i am able to jump to every single mouthposition in the precomp.
But when i want to interpolate from position 1 to position 4 in my precomp it also animates position 2 and 3, for sure.

When i use hold frames it directly jumps to the wanted frame, but then i am missing the linear interpolation and the animation.

So i am searching for a possibility to interpolate from 1 to 4 by skipping position 2 and 3.
Any ideas.

Georg from Leipzig/Germany

Mundbewegung=effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
framesToTime(Mundbewegung*25)

Return to posts index

Steve Sierra
Re: mouth-animation, get keyframes form precomp (with framesToTime) without playing other states
on May 22, 2017 at 2:40:16 pm

Hi,

I think you should check this out :

http://www.motionscript.com/design-guide/marker-sync.html

;)

Return to posts index

Georg Hübler
Re: mouth-animation, get keyframes form precomp (with framesToTime) without playing other states
on May 22, 2017 at 5:09:04 pm

Hi Steve,

thanks for your help. This seemed very interesting, so I tried to copy this to my project.
It worked so far, but it is unfortunately not exactly the thing I need.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on May 22, 2017 at 7:12:49 pm

You won't be able to create tweening that doesn't already exist using time remapping. You could develop expressions for each of your Puppet pins that could tween from one position to another. The details would depend on how you have things set up, but seems very do-able.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]