FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random start position to fixed end position, but with fluid curve motion and rotation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Harston
Random start position to fixed end position, but with fluid curve motion and rotation
on Mar 17, 2017 at 10:58:17 am

Hi

Very new to expressions and have only really managed to work out the basics. However, I am hoping this incredible website of wisdom and knowledge can help me out.

I have multiple solids that when all in their fixed end positions form the shape of an object.
What I am in need of is an expression that I can copy across all of these that makes them start in a random position (within a set area of my comp), and then fall into final position. So far I have managed to find this

moveDur = 2;
seedRandom(index,true);
startPos = random([0-2000,0-800]);
easeIn(time,inPoint,inPoint+moveDur,startPos,value)

This gives a linear movement over 2 seconds. However (I might be asking for quite a lot), I also need them to rotate and fall in a curved arc (relative to their random start position and their final end position). Hopefully I am describing this well enough.

So, in short- this.

If this doesn't make sense, or I can elaborate further please do ask as I am really interested in how to combine all this.

Many thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Harston
Re: Random start position to fixed end position, but with fluid curve motion and rotation
on Mar 17, 2017 at 2:01:36 pm

I also want them to come in sequentially. If that is even possible.
So each is like a brick slowly building up an object.

I'm starting to think I may need to keyframe each one individually.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Random start position to fixed end position, but with fluid curve motion and rotation
on Mar 17, 2017 at 4:22:42 pm

Play around with this:

moveDur = 2;
delay = .1;
seedRandom(index,true);
startPos = value + random([-2000,-800],[0,800]);
tStart = inPoint+delay*(index-1);
tEnd = tStart + moveDur;
y = easeOut(time,tStart,tEnd,startPos[1],value[1]);
x = easeIn(time,tStart,tEnd,startPos[0],value[0]);
[x,y]

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Harston
on Mar 21, 2017 at 12:04:42 pm

Brilliant, thank you very much! I'll have a play and see what I get.
Thanks again

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]