FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random letters text reveal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillermo Sevillano
Random letters text reveal
on Dec 16, 2016 at 12:08:42 pm

Hello,

I want to make a random letters text reveal. More precisely, I want the word "test" to be revealed letter by letter making each character iterate through some letters before stopping on TEST and make the rest of the word iterate randomly as well but between 0s and 1 (like is some kind of binary code).

For the moment, I've been using the "Character Value" animator and I've almost got the result I want. I've placed two keyframes for the Range Selector Start in order to make the reveal and in "Character Value" I've used the expression - random(48,49) - which corresponds to the unicode values for 0 and 1 .

The result is close to what I want but I want the "binary code" to be random for each letter, not for the whole word. Also, it would be nice if the effect was customizable putting the characters you wish to iterate through in an array or something (in this case 0 and 1).

Thanks!

PD: Below is an expression I've used which makes the random effect I want, but then I don't know how to make the text reveal animation letter by letter with the actual word (via expression).

alphabet="01";
word = "";

for (i=0; i &lt; text.sourceText.length; i++) {

letter = alphabet[Math.floor(random(alphabet.length))];
word = word + letter
}

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]