FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Scripting/ How to parent two values of the layers placed in different compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Harutyunyan
After Effects Scripting/ How to parent two values of the layers placed in different compositions
on Sep 5, 2016 at 3:44:22 pm

Hi there.
Need help in scripting !!! I want to parent current values (for example "position") of two layers (for example Null objects) which are placed in two different Comps.
Thanks in advance!!!

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: After Effects Scripting/ How to parent two values of the layers placed in different compositions
on Sep 5, 2016 at 3:54:27 pm

Parenting is limited to layers in the same comp, but you could connect whichever properties you want with expressions:

comp("other comp").layer("other null").transform.position

Dan

Return to posts index

Karen Harutyunyan
Re: After Effects Scripting/ How to parent two values of the layers placed in different compositions
on Sep 5, 2016 at 5:32:01 pm

Thanks for your respond.
Is it possible to integrate expression into script ? As I understand this expression must be written to the layer(in my example Null) property(in my case it is position). But how to integrate it into my script ?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Sep 5, 2016 at 5:47:27 pm

Like this, I guess:

myLayer.property("Position").expression = 'comp("other comp").layer("other null").transform.position';

Dan

Return to posts index

Andrew Orlow
on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:44:12 pm

Really?! It's possible to define expressions this way?
Wow, never knew

Return to posts index

Karen Harutyunyan
on Sep 7, 2016 at 6:52:38 am

Yes that was exactly what I wanted. Thank you Dan very much. Everything works in proper way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]