FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronized wiggle expressions with known values

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juuso Voutilainen
Synchronized wiggle expressions with known values
on Aug 22, 2016 at 1:49:30 pm

Hey everybody

I have a deadline coming and there's a problem I would need help, any advice would be highly appreciated. I have a wiggle expression in 2 layers, and I would need to have the layers move at the same time. Also, I'm searching for a way to make the layers transform their position in steps, like for example from 5 to 10 to 20 and then back to 20 to 10 to 5. And also the layers should be like that one of them moves up while the other moves down. Is there a way to make the wiggle expression values negative? Or is the wiggle expression even the correct one for this. Thanks for any help!

Best regards
Juuso

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Synchronized wiggle expressions with known values
on Aug 22, 2016 at 5:22:06 pm

Wiggle expression won't work for specific values nor for linear change in position, you'll need a custom expression for this.

If you need specific values in a specific sequence like you describe, you would use an array or preset points from which you would look up the nearest two positions (one before current frame and the next one following that) and interpolate between them with linear or ease expression. You can use the same values in negative for the other layer.

Depending on how many such points you need, it may be faster to keyframe them rather than to write an expression for it.

A bit more detailed description of what you need to achieve would clarify. At least: How long of a piece are we talking about, how often does the position need to change, whether it should be at even time intervals or random. Do the points need to be predetermined in sequence or just fall on specific set of values randomly.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]