FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tachometer - Link Needle to Numbers & even more..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Roebke
Tachometer - Link Needle to Numbers & even more..
on Jun 11, 2016 at 7:41:02 pm

Hey Guys,

i need to animate a tachometer. I did it by hand, but i wanna get it more realistic. So i need a Expression.

Tachometer consists of:

- Semi Circle
- Needle (linked to a null which is in the center of the semi circle)
- "Speednumber" in the center

Actually i want to link the needle to the numbers. So if the needle goes up - the "Speednumber" should count up as well. Is there a way to allocate certain numbers to the semi circle? Like Speed 0 = needle 0° / speed

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Tachometer - Link Needle to Numbers & even more..
on Jun 11, 2016 at 8:05:21 pm

Pick whip the number value of the text field to the rotation value of the null. Multiply it with something to make it rotate the amount you want: your maximum number value would rotate 180 degrees -- or to whatever the completion angle of your circle is.

Return to posts index

Robert Roebke
Re: Tachometer - Link Needle to Numbers & even more..
on Jun 11, 2016 at 8:15:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention the following:

- i need to use the tacho in different videos - so different driving scenes. Therefore i need to adjust the tacho - also if the car is e.g. stopping.

I guess a setup with slidercontrols would be perfect - but i want the numbers in relationship to the needle. So if i e.g. had a slider control with a wiggle on the needle - the numbers should still animate with it. I want to set certain values within the needle should change.

Its not an option just to "multiply" it with something, cause i have different cases. So i want a setup which is adjustable. Like "hey needle, here you should move in beetween 30 and 36 km/h, but in the next video in between 50 and 55..

Some more ideas for a good controlable nice setup?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]