FORUMS: list search recent posts

In extendscript,is the RenderQueueItem logType attribute still supposed to work?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sébastien Lavoie
In extendscript,is the RenderQueueItem logType attribute still supposed to work?
on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:11:24 pm

According to the After Effects CS6 scripting guide, you can change a render queue item log type by using the logType attribute.

A LogType enumerated value; (read/write). One of:

LogType.ERRORS_ONLY
LogType.ERRORS_AND_SETTINGS
LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO

So, by using such code:

app.project.renderQueue.items.add(compositionToRender).logType = LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO

The log type should be changed. But when I am trying in both CC 2014 and CC 2015 it doesn't work. I am able to log LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO which exists, but it seems like it cannot be affected to the logType property. Am I doing this wrong?

app.project.renderQueue.items.add(compositionToRender).logType = LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO

Return to posts index

Xavier Gomez
Re: In extendscript,is the RenderQueueItem logType attribute still supposed to work?
on Jan 11, 2016 at 3:52:42 pm

For me it works (CC2014), but the UI is not updated instantly.

If the logType is initially ERRORS_ONLY, say, then doing the following returns the result: true, and the UI is updated only when hovering the mouse over the Log dropdownlist.

app.project.renderQueue.item(1).logType = LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO;
app.project.renderQueue.item(1).logType === LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO;

What behaviour are you observing to say that it doesnt work ?

Xavier.

Return to posts index

Sébastien Lavoie
Re: In extendscript,is the RenderQueueItem logType attribute still supposed to work?
on Jan 11, 2016 at 3:59:33 pm

When logging app.project.renderQueue.item(1).logType === LogType.ERRORS_AND_PER_FRAME_INFO; I do get true and would get false prior to affecting the value to the property, but the ui does not change. I have tried hovering over the dropdown but it does not get updated. I suppose this is a bug?

Return to posts index

Xavier Gomez
on Jan 11, 2016 at 4:13:15 pm

Well yes, if the UI never updates whatever you do, i suppose it is a bug. And when you actually render the comp, do you get the logType you asked for?

Return to posts index

Sébastien Lavoie
on Jan 11, 2016 at 4:17:08 pm

No, unfortunately it doesn't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]