FORUMS: list search recent posts

Character offset binary code effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell Siegal
Character offset binary code effect
on Oct 26, 2015 at 9:23:55 am

Hi! So Im trying to make a binary code "decoder" effect using the character offset animation. I would like to only use 1's and 0's but the character offset only lets me use random numbers or the full binary set of character.

Any ideas on how to set the character offset animation to only use 1's and 0's??

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Character offset binary code effect
on Oct 26, 2015 at 4:39:14 pm

I'm not sure what effect you're looking for exactly, but have you tried setting your text to all 0's and using a character offset of 1?

Dan

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Character offset binary code effect
on Oct 28, 2015 at 2:59:43 pm

Don't need an expression for this, you can do by just using a couple of animators.

Create a text layer consisting of just "0"'s, however many you want for the length of your binary string. Add an offset animator and set it to 1. Now select the "Animator 1" and add a wiggly selector and change the "Min Amount" to 0%. All that's left is deciding how many wiggles per second you want. And if you have a bunch of layers you may want to add an expression to the Random Seed like "index * 10"

Here's a quick example project: 9391_binarynumbers.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]