FORUMS: list search recent posts

"flipping" layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
petcov petru
"flipping" layers
on Oct 4, 2015 at 9:07:23 pm

hello,i was thinking if somebody knows how to achieve this sort of "flipping" effect like this one
http://videohive.net/item/cooking-intro-tv-show/1599372 but not by hand,i'm not sure but i think the author used some expressions to that.

I would much appreciate if anybody could help me.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: "flipping" layers
on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:34:51 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:36:14 pm

Seems straightforward enough: duplicate the layer a number of times and use valueAtTime expression linked to the (animated) original layer for the rotation property of the duplicate layers along with layer index to offset the time.

Return to posts index

petcov petru
on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:34:42 pm

Thank You! but I have to apologize,i'm complete beginner with expressions in After effects,if you could give the example here i would be very glad :)

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:00:30 pm

i think you could also do this with the echo effect.

try taking a layer and rotating it they way you want, then add the echo effect. increase the number of echoes and change the echo operator to 'composite in back' or 'in front' depending on your animation, and see if that can work for you.

you can also adjust the echo time (the default is the duration of a single frame at 29.97fps), and making that value positive or negative determine if the echoes trial the layer or precede the layer.

you'd still need to have a copy of that layer rotate and stop at the final point, so the echo layer would reveal that final layer.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

petcov petru
on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:42:17 pm
Last Edited By petcov petru on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:45:02 pm

Yes Kevin that works too! i just have to animate the rotation of the layer precompose it and then ad the echo.It's working!

Thank You!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]