FORUMS: list search recent posts

Controlling speed of Paint layer containing 3 brush strokes, with a Slider?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Ibbetson
Controlling speed of Paint layer containing 3 brush strokes, with a Slider?
on Aug 4, 2015 at 10:22:58 pm

Hi there,

I am relatively new to expressions and am trying to achieve some speed control with a slider, on a Paint layer that has several brush strokes.

The layer in question has the Paint effect with three or four 'Strokes'. For example:

Brush1 goes from frame 1-10
Brush2 goes from frame 11-17
Brush3 goes from frame 18-21
Brush4 goes from frame 22-25.

I have to make several variations of the above as I am making many different shapes – triangles, squares, hexagons etc.

I have seen an expression that stretches the 'End' point of a single brush but that also needs to move the 'Start' point of the next brush along.

Does anyone know an expression that would control the time-stretch that these draw on by? I would like to control this with a slider.

Below is code I found that is applied to the stroke 'End' point – Is it possible to build on this to affect the next 'Start' and 'End' frames, and so on for the next few strokes?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Joel

time*comp("Main").layer("TimeControl").effect("Speed")("ADBE Slider Control-0001")

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Controlling speed of Paint layer containing 3 brush strokes, with a Slider?
on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:28:03 am

What is the "Paint" effect are you referring to?

If you are using the Stroke effect to draw the strokes, you can select "All Masks" to draw the shapes with one slider controlling the End value, and then you can animate the slider to go at any speed you want by moving the keyframes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]