FORUMS: list search recent posts

Link color to master comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bogdan Nicula
Link color to master comp
on Feb 24, 2015 at 9:57:42 pm

I've pre-composed a layer, and linked its color to the master comp, and inside the master comp I've animated it over time. The problem is, when I duplicate the layer, and change it's position, the color animation doesn't work anymore. Any ideas? I can explain with pictures, if you don't quite understand.

The way I see it, I need an expression that doesn't take in account if the pre-comp containing the layer is duplicated, and is starting all over again, so I kind of need a "live sampling" expression.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Link color to master comp
on Feb 24, 2015 at 10:24:37 pm

Did you move the duplicate in the time line so that it doesn't start at time = 0?

Dan

Return to posts index

Bogdan Nicula
on Feb 24, 2015 at 10:34:18 pm

So, should I take all the pre-comps, and move them to 0? That could be a solution.
Let me put some pictures, you'll understand better this way.

This is the circle, the green part is the bar that should "drain" over time.

This is the pre-comp, where I animated it

And this is the final comp, in which I created a control layer, to which the color, and the "drain" ammount are linked to

But after I set a keyframe at the beginning, and at the end, there are some problems like you can see in the final screenshot, where the bar should be only 50% filled.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Feb 24, 2015 at 10:43:30 pm

On second thought, I don't think that's your problem. What does the expression look like?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]