FORUMS: list search recent posts

source timeCode window burn

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony Dupsta
source timeCode window burn
on Feb 20, 2015 at 9:13:15 pm

Hello,

I am using a batch render script to kick out 100's of high res image sequences to low res QT proxy files. I want to create a window burn on each proxy QT that shows the high res Image seq's file name and most importantly "SOURCE frame numbers." For example, the QT would read, "SourceFileName" than show the exact frame range and frame numbers 0372024-0372552. You can scan through the low res QT, pick what frames you like than go import the high res images into AE knowing what frame you will use.

I am using one of Dan's script to show the name of the file in the window burn! But I can not figure out how to represent the timecode of the source frames. For example, the QT window burn needs to show frames, 0372024-0372552. I would prefer not to have to go into 100 comps and manually set the start time to that clips specific frame number so the timecode effect can read it. Each high res image seq starts with a 7 pad number.

I am trying to figure out a streamline process to render 100's of files, with a window burn-in for not only the filename but the frame range of the original 7pad image sequence. Unfortunately when you drag an image sequence that start with 0372024 into a comp it start at zero instead of that proper frame range?

Makes this tough to automate. Any help
is appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Antony Dupsta
Re: source timeCode window burn
on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:59:40 pm

Maybe there is an expression that can read the source frames so I can burn them in?
Anyone know? Or can point me in the right direction?
I am open to not using AE CC 2014, possibly a diff software solution. After Effects may not be capable of this feature?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]