FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating a shape layer to spread itself apart exponentially with even strips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Washuta
Animating a shape layer to spread itself apart exponentially with even strips
on Dec 27, 2014 at 10:41:05 pm

Hi all,

I've really been struggling with the best way to approach this. Essentially I have a shape layer that I am looking to animate as it spreads itself apart vertically, with even strips, equidistant from the center of the composition.

In doing so I currently have set up a series of solids, each masked to a copy of the original shape, and each solid increases the distance from it's anchor point exponentially. It looks alright, but I just know there's a better way to do this, with more controls. I have somewhat of an expression, but it's very simple.

Basically, I'm just looking for a tip in the right direction that will help me complete this part of the animation. In essence, maybe an expression that will have a solid strip look at a previous strip and increase it's distance more than that one.

If anyone has any tips, let me know. I'm going to try and find a visual of what I'm going for if this was a bit confusing.

Return to posts index

Xavier Gomez
Re: Animating a shape layer to spread itself apart exponentially with even strips
on Dec 28, 2014 at 11:22:43 am

Can you post a screenshot of the layout ?

Xavier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]