FORUMS: list search recent posts

Perform an action with an AE script

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordy Vandeput
Perform an action with an AE script
on Oct 28, 2014 at 9:13:08 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to write an action in a script to make a greenkey go much faster. I've found a technique which does a great job to remove the green spill.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

- Before the script can run; layer 1 (A) inside a comp must have the effect "keylight" onto it.
- Duplicate that layer (A)
- Pre-compose 2nd layer (B) and move all attributes to comp
- open pre-comp
- Add effect "Channel Combiner" to Layer (B)
- Change settings of "Channel Combiner": [From: Straight to Premultiplied | Solid Alpha: Checked]
- Duplicate Layer (B)
- Remove all effects from duplicated layer (C)
- Change blend mode of Layer (B) to "Color"
- Close Pre-comp
- Change Pre-comp trackmat to Alpha Matte

You can watch all the actions in this video: https://vimeo.com/110233023

As you can see in the video. All I managed to do was create a UI with a button that could prompt an allert. I've been working on this for several hours and I have found out it would be a disaster for me to complete this script as I know almost nothing about JavaScript.

What I was also thinking was to add the keylight effect to one adjustment layer so that Layer A and Layer B takes the effect information from there. That way you can easily change the keylight effects afterwords. But I couldn't find out how to do that.

Some help would be much appreciated. I'm an instructor on Tuts+ and I will pitch this technique to the tutorials website. If it gets approved I'm willing to give half of my earnings ($125) to the person who wants to create this script with me.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]